Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue October 22, 2013
On Valley Edition: Visalia & Homelessness; Bakersfield College Lawsuit; Day of the Dead: Vince Gill
This week on Valley Edition we take a look at the issues of homelessness, water, prisons and water. Starting off the program, FM89 reporter Ezra David Romero explores the issue of homelessness in the Central California City of Visalia.
Later in the program Valley Edition Host Joe Moore interviews Bakersfield Californian Columnist Lois Henry about the transparency of a legal dispute between Bakersfield College and the California Community College Athletic Association.
Also on the program Valley Public Radio Reporter Rebecca Plevin tells the story behind one woman's altar for the Day of the Dead. Frank Delgado from Arte Armericas talks with Moore about the significance of the day and the Dia De Los Muertos Exhibit taking place at the museum.
Ending the program, Moore interviews the country music star Vince Gill about his new album titled "Bakersfield." The two talk about country music, the Valley and Gill's future stops in the region.
Arts & Culture