Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue April 29, 2014
Valley Edition: March 29 - Pollution In Fresno; Drought; Armenia; Historic Preservation Week
This week on Valley Edition we talk about a new ranking of environmental health in California that shows many Fresno County neighborhoods rank among the worst in the state, drought on the farm, the Armenian Genocide and Kessab Armenians, plus a look at Fresno's Historic Preservation Week.
Pollution In The Valley
Guest: Sam Delson, California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment
Guest: Sarah Sharpe, Fresno Metro Ministry
Story: New Analysis Of Pollution Burdens Ranks Fresno, Valley Counties Worst In State
Armenian Genocide, Syria And Kessab
Guest: Barlow Der Mugredechian, Coordinator of Fresno State’s Armenian Studies Program
Fresno Historic Preservation Week
Guest: Karana Hattersley-Drayton, historic preservation project manager for the City of Fresno
Guest: Tim Patendis, Alena Foods, owner of historic building in Fresno's South Van Ness District