Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- Failed Downtown Fresno Housing Project Leaves City Holding The Bag
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 26, 2013
On Valley Edition: Thanksgivukkah; Craft Distillers; Sec. John Laird; Bakersfield Art Show
This week on Valley Edition we explore the once in a lifetime experience of “Thanksgivukkah” –Thanksgiving and Hanukkah overlap this year and won’t happen for another 70,000 years – through the culinary creations from the only Jewish Chef in Fresno. FM89 Reporter Rebecca Plevin reports.
Also in the program, Valley Public Radio Reporter Ezra David Romero reports on the growing craft distilling movement in the region.
Later in the program, Valley Edition Host Joe Moore speaks with California Secretary for Natural Resources John Laird about water in California, the Bay Delta Conservation Plan and more.
Ending the show, Moore speaks with Bakersfield Artist David Gordon about the Arts Council of Kern and Kern County Museums art show “Creating Community: Kern County - Then and Now.” The show is open through December 4.