Most Active Stories
- New Analysis Of Pollution Burdens Ranks Fresno, Valley Counties Worst In State
- Farmer Suicides Cast Shadow Over U.S. Agriculture
- Kern County Officials Hope To Lure Embattled Sriracha Factory
- Valley Political Races Heat Up Ahead Of June Primary
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 30, 2013
On Valley Edition: California Politics; Aspen Fire; Transportation; Affordable Care Act; Bluegrass
This week on Valley Edition we take a look at the current state and future of California politics. Will Governor Jerry Brown run for another term? Fresno State political science professors Thomas Holyoke and Jeffrey Cummins give their analysis.
Closing the first segment Gina Clugston, with Sierra News Online in North Fork, brings listeners an update on the Aspen Fire, which has burned over 10,000 acres of forest in the Sierra Nevada.
Also on the program, Valley Edition host Joe Moore speaks with Emily Bazar, a senior writer for the California HealthCare Foundation Center for Health Reporting, about the Affordable Care Act and how it will be implemented. Ending the show Stan Allen, with Blue Grass in the Park, talks about the weekly, summer-long event in Clovis.
Health Care Reform