Most Active Stories
- Salas Bill Would Help Homeowners Rip Out Lawns
- YOOF Soloists Bring Oboe, Horn Marimba & Violin To Young Artists Spotlight 2015
- 'Workshop On Wheels' Gives Valley Hmong Farmers Insight Into Bay Area Markets
- One Group's Vision To Tackle Homelessness: Creating Eco-Friendly Shelters
- Matt Black: Capturing Images of California’s Drought
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue August 5, 2014
Valley Edition: August 5 - Rim Fire One Year Later; Neel Kashkari; 2014 Fig Fest
This week on Valley Edition we take a look at the Rim Fire one year later. KVPR reporter Diana Aguilera reports on the fire and the investigation around who started the blaze. Peggy Mosley, the owner of the historic Groveland Hotel, who kept her hotel open during the Rim Fire joins host Joe Moore for a talk about how volatile the region is to fire.
Also on the program GOP gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari explains why he chose to be homeless in Fresno for a week. Ending the program we get a sneak peek into the 2014 Fig Festival.
Government & Politics