Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue August 5, 2014
Valley Edition: August 5 - Rim Fire One Year Later; Neel Kashkari; 2014 Fig Fest
This week on Valley Edition we take a look at the Rim Fire one year later. KVPR reporter Diana Aguilera reports on the fire and the investigation around who started the blaze. Peggy Mosley, the owner of the historic Groveland Hotel, who kept her hotel open during the Rim Fire joins host Joe Moore for a talk about how volatile the region is to fire.
Also on the program GOP gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari explains why he chose to be homeless in Fresno for a week. Ending the program we get a sneak peek into the 2014 Fig Festival.
Government & Politics