Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
- Restorative Justice Earns Passing Grade in Le Grand
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Valley Public Radio Staff
Common Threads: Veterans Still Fighting The War
California’s San Joaquin Valley is home to more than just farms and fields. It's also home to many of the state's veterans. In the special series, funded in part by Cal Humanities, Valley Public Radio will document the lives of local veterans from diverse backgrounds and communities. The series of radio features will air during Valley Edition and in a special in November 2014 on Veterans Day. The mini-documentaries will also be posted online at KVPR.org, as well as bonus audio and multimedia content.
The series will look at how these veterans, with remarkably different backgrounds and experiences, all share fundamental commonalities through their service. It will also explore the challenges and opportunities these men and women face as they return home to the San Joaquin Valley to begin a new chapter in their lives. Through first-hand accounts and sound-rich storytelling, the series will also seek to gain new insights into the lives of veterans, the San Joaquin Valley’s rural and urban communities, and our regional diversity.