Most Active Stories
- New Buyer, Restoration Plan Emerges For Historic Hotel Fresno
- Covered California Hopes To Enroll More Latinos, But There's A Problem
- In Memory Of Edward Palacios, Valley Public Radio Board Chair
- In Visalia, A Woman's Dream Fuses Together Mariachi And Opera
- Programming Note: Changes To Morning Edition "Clock"
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 19, 2013
'What You See In The Dark' Is Next For Book Club
‘What You See In The Dark,’ by Dinuba native Manuel Munoz, is the next book in Valley Public Radio’s ‘Homegrown’ book club.
The novel follows a director and actress who arrive in Bakersfield in the late 1950s to film a movie at a motel along the old Highway 99. Meanwhile, a love affair between the motel owner’s son and a Mexican-American woman becomes dramatic and deadly. The story is tied to the movie ‘Psycho,’ which includes scenes filmed along the 99 between Bakersfield and Fresno.
We will discuss the book during Valley Edition on December 3. FM89 reporter Rebecca Plevin will speak with Munoz about his book. We encourage listeners to share their questions and comments about the novel. You can join the discussion through Facebook or Twitter.
Arts & Culture