Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- California, Is It Time To Wave Goodbye To Your Front Lawn?
- Almond Milk Sales Skyrocket, But How Healthy Is It?
- Drought: Fresno County Lettuce Crop Cut In Half
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu May 15, 2014
What Happens To The Junk Donated To Charity
Donations of unwanted clothes keep hundreds of millions of pounds of trash out of local landfills. But, in the end, a lot of the contributions that charities like Goodwill and the Salvation Army receive are basically garbage.
From the Here & Now Contributors Network, Peter O'Dowd of KJZZ tells us what happens to the stuff that doesn’t sell in thrift stores.