Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- Failed Downtown Fresno Housing Project Leaves City Holding The Bag
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed December 5, 2012
VIDEO: Missouri Bridge Blows Up Real Good (On Purpose)
We're little kids when it comes to watching things blow up.
So we're happy to pass along video of the westbound sections of the Blanchette Bridge that connects St. Louis and St. Charles, Mo., going boom Tuesday.
Our friends at St. Louis Public Radio say the demolition is part of "a $63 million rehabilitation project."
Missouri's Department of Transportation has posted several clips on YouTube (the project's been going on for a while).
There's also this nice compilation of video by YouTube user Michael Scalera from the Nov. 18 destruction of one section and Tuesday's implosion that took down the rest of the structure.
Some of our previous such posts:
(H/T to our Missouri buddy Alan Greenblatt.)