Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 18, 2013
Valley Public Radio Launches Public Radio Book Club
Today we're introducing Homegrown, Valley Public Radio's book club about the Central Valley.
We will read books that shine a light on distinct issues, communities and experiences in the region. We'll air in-depth interviews with authors and panel discussions with local experts about the books. You can listen for the segments on Valley Edition and see online features at KVPR.org.
We also want to hear your questions and comments about the book. You can connect with us through Facebook, Twitter or e-mail, and our website, KVPR.org. Just search "Homegrown."
Our first book is 'The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down,' by Anne Fadiman. The book describes the cultural clash between a Hmong family, whose daughter has severe epilepsy, and the Merced hospital where she's treated.
On July 2, we will feature an interview with Fadiman and a panel discussion with local experts. We hope you'll participate! We look forward to building a community of readers in the Central Valley.