Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
- Fresno Woman Helps Fellow Homeless Veterans Reclaim Their Lives
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 4, 2013
Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Come enjoy a paleta -- a Latin American ice pop -- with Valley Public Radio during Art Hop on June 6 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. The party is at La Reina de Michoacan, located at 720 E. Belmont Ave. in Fresno.
The Paleta Party is our way of kicking off our summer series, 'Summer Scoop.' The series digs into the Valley’s ice cream history, its role as a major ice cream producing region, and what ice cream means in rural communities today.
At the event, you’ll have the opportunity to record your most fond memories of ice cream. Between paletas, FM89 reporters Rebecca Plevin and Ezra Romero will record your stories.
Listen for our 'Summer Scoop' reports on Valley Edition, tweet us your favorite ice cream memories @kvpr, and share your ice cream related photos by using the hashtag #scoop89.
Come on out, support public radio and enjoy a frozen treat.