Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 17, 2014
Valley Edition: June 17th - Water Wells Go Dry; Oil Find; JazzFresno
This week on Valley Edition we hear how some Fresno County homeowners are dealing with residential wells that are going dry in part thanks to the drought and groundwater overdraft.
We also talk with Lois Henry of the Bakersfield Californian about a potential new oil find that some believe may be an indication that producers are starting to successfully recover the light sweet crude from the Monterey shale formation.
We also talk to photographer Michael Frye about his new book Yosemite Meditations For Adventurers. And we close the show with a look at two upcoming concerts from JazzFresno featuing top jazz starts Billy Hart and Bob Mintzer.