Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Taps Run Dry in Fairmead, “Watch, I Get Nothing”
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 1, 2014
Valley Edition: June 1 - Kayaking From Bakersfield to San Francisco; Mariposa Grove; Gerald Haslam
This week on Valley Edition reporter Ezra David Romero reports on how one Fresno man's life has been altered because of his recent hire along the first stage of construction of the Fresno-Madera corridor of California's future high speed rail line. Also on the program, host Joe Moore interviews Bill Cooper who kayaked from Bakersfield to the San Francisco Bay in 1983. Later Moore speaks with author Gerald Haslam as he recalls the tragic story of Kern County track and field star Leon Patterson in his book "Leon Patterson, A California Story."