Most Active Stories
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 1, 2014
Valley Edition: June 1 - Kayaking From Bakersfield to San Francisco; Mariposa Grove; Gerald Haslam
This week on Valley Edition reporter Ezra David Romero reports on how one Fresno man's life has been altered because of his recent hire along the first stage of construction of the Fresno-Madera corridor of California's future high speed rail line. Also on the program, host Joe Moore interviews Bill Cooper who kayaked from Bakersfield to the San Francisco Bay in 1983. Later Moore speaks with author Gerald Haslam as he recalls the tragic story of Kern County track and field star Leon Patterson in his book "Leon Patterson, A California Story."