Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 22, 2014
Valley Edition: July 22 - Fresno Food Expo; Food Commons; Dark Sky Festival; Patrick Contreras
This week on Valley Edition we preview the 4th annual Fresno Food Expo with Amy Fuentes with the City of Fresno and Agnes Saghatelian president of Valley Lahvosh Baking Company. We'll also talk with Kiel Schmidt about a national project called the Food Commons that is turning to Fresno to try out a fresh solution to the problem of hunger and healthy eating. We’ll also learn more about this weekend’s Dark Sky Festival at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and find out how some winemakers on the Central Coast are trying to adapting to California’s drought.
We also have a special in-studio performance from Fresno jazz, rock and Latin violinist Patrick Contreras and pianist Omar Nare, who are performing this weekend in Madera in a benefit for the Ronald McDonald House of Central California.