Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 22, 2014
Valley Edition: July 22 - Fresno Food Expo; Food Commons; Dark Sky Festival; Patrick Contreras
This week on Valley Edition we preview the 4th annual Fresno Food Expo with Amy Fuentes with the City of Fresno and Agnes Saghatelian president of Valley Lahvosh Baking Company. We'll also talk with Kiel Schmidt about a national project called the Food Commons that is turning to Fresno to try out a fresh solution to the problem of hunger and healthy eating. We’ll also learn more about this weekend’s Dark Sky Festival at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and find out how some winemakers on the Central Coast are trying to adapting to California’s drought.
We also have a special in-studio performance from Fresno jazz, rock and Latin violinist Patrick Contreras and pianist Omar Nare, who are performing this weekend in Madera in a benefit for the Ronald McDonald House of Central California.