Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue September 25, 2012
On Valley Edition: Dueling Tax Measures, Scholarships for FUSD students
Today on Valley Edition we look at the competing tax measures on the November ballot, Propositions 30 and 38. Both promise to protect funding for schools but critics have questioned both, and some political observers have said that the presence of both on the ballot could mean neither will pass. We also talk with a Fresno couple who donated $1 million to fund scholarships for students at Fresno's Tehipite Middle School. And we also learn more about plans for a walk and series of events to raise awareness about asthma in the Central Valley.