Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Wed June 11, 2014
Traveler Makes The Best Of Empty Airport
Originally published on Wed June 11, 2014 4:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. When Richard Dunn found himself stuck overnight in the deserted Las Vegas airport, he spent his time making a video-selfie, lip-syncing Celine Dion's "All By Myself."
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "ALL BY MYSELF")
CELINE DION: (Singing) All by myself...
MONTAGNE: For dolly shots, Dunn taped his iPhone to a wheelchair on a moving walkway. The video ends with a "Flashdance" moment - Dunn arching back over a chair and pouring water on his face. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.