Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed April 3, 2013
"Take Me to the River" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, we hear several short stories from the book "Take Me to the River: Fishing, Swimming, and Dreaming on the San Joaquin." This collection of stories about the San Joaquin River was edited by Joell and Coke Halowell. The book is the result of a decade long series of interviews with people who have deep connections to the river.
From the days of wild salmon runs and and the construction Friant Dam, to the creation of the San Joaquin River Parkway, the stories tell us not only about river life, but also about the ever changing landscape of the San Joaquin Valley.