Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Drought: Tulare County Is “Blazing The Trail For The Rest Of California”
- Despite Smart & Final Setback, Swearengin Says Blackstone Vision Remains Sound
- An Average Of 15,000 Fresno Homes Breaking Lawn Water Rules
- Fresno's Anti-Blight Ordinance Passes First Test
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Fri January 25, 2013
Super Bowl Forces Nancy Pelosi To Pick A Team
Originally published on Fri January 25, 2013 6:14 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi recently had to make one of the toughest decisions of her political career: Who to root for in the Super Bowl, the Baltimore Ravens or the San Francisco 49ers. Pelosi was born in Baltimore. Her late father was the mayor there. But she represents San Franciscans in Congress and her kids grew up with the 49ers. So Pelosi says she's rooting for San Francisco but not against Baltimore.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.