Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed April 10, 2013
Stephen Gutierrez's "Valley Song" and Charlie Warnes' "Branch Office From Hell"
This week on Valley Writers Read we hear two stories from local authors. Our program begins with "Valley Song" a short story from Stephen D. Gutierrez, winner of a 2010 American Book Award for his book "Live from Fresno y Los." Gutierrez, who now teaches at CSU East Bay, previously taught at Fresno City College. In “Valley Song” we hear a story about the life and struggles of Mexican-American boxer.
Our second story comes from Fresno author Charlie Warnes. In his work “The Branch Office From Hell" we hear about a character who is sent to a very unprofessional insurance office.