Most Active Stories
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- In California, Researchers Uncertain If Drought Will Increase Valley Fever Risk
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed April 10, 2013
Stephen Gutierrez's "Valley Song" and Charlie Warnes' "Branch Office From Hell"
This week on Valley Writers Read we hear two stories from local authors. Our program begins with "Valley Song" a short story from Stephen D. Gutierrez, winner of a 2010 American Book Award for his book "Live from Fresno y Los." Gutierrez, who now teaches at CSU East Bay, previously taught at Fresno City College. In “Valley Song” we hear a story about the life and struggles of Mexican-American boxer.
Our second story comes from Fresno author Charlie Warnes. In his work “The Branch Office From Hell" we hear about a character who is sent to a very unprofessional insurance office.