Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue June 17, 2014
Startup Aims To Score With World Cup
The World Cup finals kicked off yesterday in Brazil. For the roughly 70,000 Brazilian immigrants in Massachusetts, the opening match between the host nation and Croatia was a reason to leave work early.
But one Boston startup is looking to the World Cup for more work.
From the Here & Now Contributors Network, Curt Nickisch of WBUR has the story of a small company using the global competition to prove its worth on a bigger stage.