Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri March 22, 2013
Should There Be Sympathy For Steubenville Rapists?
Two teens accused of rape in Steubenville, Ohio were convicted and sentenced this week. Host Michel Martin talks to the Barbershop guys about how the victim — and the perpetrators — were treated in the press. Writer Jimi Izrael, political science professor Lester Spence, civil rights attorney Arsalan Iftikhar and Republican strategist R. Clarke Cooper discuss the week's news. ADVISORY: Please note, this conversation includes a discussion about rape and may not be suitable for all listeners.