Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Mon December 31, 2012
Popular Baby Names For 2013
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. Hot off the presses: here are some baby names that might be popular in 2013. Roy, Frank, Bertha. Turns out, parents are increasingly naming newborns after grandparents. That is one new trend, according to the fabulously named baby website, Belly Ballot. They are also predicting first names that sound like last names. Think: Kennedy. And expect to hear some tech-inspired names like Kindle and hashtag. Oh, good morning, Hashtag. This should be interesting. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.