Most Active Stories
- Wildlife Agencies See Near Collapse Of 2014 Salmon Species
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 12, 2013
Peter Gleick: We Need To Know More About Bay Delta Conservation Plan
Peter Gleick is one of California's leading water experts. In an op-ed piece recently published in the Sacramento Bee, Gleick criticized the draft of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan for what he calls a lack of specificity.
Gleick, who is the president of the Pacific Institute and a member of the National Academy of Sciences, joined us on Valley Edition to talk about the plan, and his thoughts on the best way to improve the delta ecosystem, and provide reliable water supplies to agriculture and urban users.
California’s Delta: Inside and Out