Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- Failed Downtown Fresno Housing Project Leaves City Holding The Bag
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 12, 2013
Peter Gleick: We Need To Know More About Bay Delta Conservation Plan
Peter Gleick is one of California's leading water experts. In an op-ed piece recently published in the Sacramento Bee, Gleick criticized the draft of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan for what he calls a lack of specificity.
Gleick, who is the president of the Pacific Institute and a member of the National Academy of Sciences, joined us on Valley Edition to talk about the plan, and his thoughts on the best way to improve the delta ecosystem, and provide reliable water supplies to agriculture and urban users.
California’s Delta: Inside and Out