Most Active Stories
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- Drainage Key To Reported Deal Between Farmers And Feds
- New Program Could Mean End For UCSF- Fresno, Valley Children's Partnership
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Wed July 10, 2013
No Smoking Signs Are Usually Pretty Simple
Originally published on Wed July 10, 2013 5:03 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. No smoking signs are usually pretty simple. They say, no smoking. Or maybe they have that circle with the line through it. But in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale, officials have been getting a little more creative. The Los Angeles Times reports the city's been posting signs reading: Our deer don't smoke in your back yard. Please don't smoke in theirs. Other signs say, if you must smoke, haul your butts out of here. Another one: smokers will be fed to the bears. Take that. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.