Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri January 4, 2013
Negative Temperatures That Are Hotter Than The Sun
Scientists have cooled potassium gas to one billionth of a degree below absolute zero. But in the quantum world, that's actually hotter than the Sun. It's hotter, even, than infinity degrees Kelvin. Vladan Vuletić, a quantum physicist at MIT, talks about this 'Bizarro World' temperature.