Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
In the Mode
Sun February 9, 2014
In the Mode: February 9, 2014
I will feature early German composers on the next two programs of In the Mode, there aren’t as many known German composers of the Renaissance as there are French, Italians, Brits and Netherlanders, but we have 3 who were born a year apart and knew each other, Schütz. Schein and Scheidt, Schütz being the most influential after studying with Giovanni Gabrieli in Italy and adding instruments to church music.
CD TITLE PERFORMER CD label
Musikalische Exequien; Monteverdi Choir, The English Baroque Soloists, His Majesties Sagbutts and Cornetts; ARCHIV 423-405
Il Primo Libro de Madrigali; The Consort of Musicke; ANGEL 747600
The Motets of Heinrich Schütz; Chorus of Emmanuel Music; KOCH 7085
Tears from Heaven; Musica Sacra; RCA 68606