Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
- Restorative Justice Earns Passing Grade in Le Grand
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed June 5, 2013
"Military Cemetery" and "Leaving Rapunzel's Window" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, we hear two stories from two local authors. Elizabeth McMunn-Tetangco resides in Merced and reads her own story, titled "Military Cemetery." It tells us about an encounter between two young women and a couple of men they met at a bar, one of whom has a shocking announcement. The second story, "Leaving Rapunzel's Window" by Fresno author Anne Leath Biggs describes the author's childhood in a middle-class neighborhood on Michigan Avenue in Fresno.