Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Mon January 7, 2013
Mark Arax's "Big Valley" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, nationally recognized author and Fresno native Mark Arax reads his own story, "Big Valley." Arax describes much of our Central Valley -- its farms, cities, town, and neighborhoods. The story focuses primarily on agriculture in the San Joaquin Valley. He even takes us down to the popular agricultural fair in Tulare where they sell huge farm tractors for a quarter of a million dollars.