Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Mon January 7, 2013
Mark Arax's "Big Valley" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, nationally recognized author and Fresno native Mark Arax reads his own story, "Big Valley." Arax describes much of our Central Valley -- its farms, cities, town, and neighborhoods. The story focuses primarily on agriculture in the San Joaquin Valley. He even takes us down to the popular agricultural fair in Tulare where they sell huge farm tractors for a quarter of a million dollars.