Most Active Stories
- LGBT Center In Merced Told To Take Down Rainbow Flag
- New Nature Preserve To Open in Tulare County
- In Memory Of Edward Palacios, Valley Public Radio Board Chair
- California Preparing For Undocumented Driver Licenses
- On Valley Edition: Mexican Consul, Lawyer Discuss Local Impact Of Obama's Executive Action
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri November 8, 2013
How It Sounds: To Be A Sound Guy
Originally published on Fri November 8, 2013 1:49 pm
Greg Smith, 57, teaches sound and film at American University in Washington D.C. For 20 years he was a producer, editor and composer at NPR. He is married to Margaret Low Smith, senior vice president of NPR News.
What does your life sound like? Or your job? Or the place where you live? Please send a recording of four sounds that tell the story of your life or job or town — at this moment in time — to email@example.com. Please include your name, age and where you live. You may be contacted for a follow-up interview.
If you're not sure what to do, listen to stories other people have recorded on NPR's How It Sounds Page. And if you're not sure how to record your own sound story, please go to NPR's Tumblr for instructions.
The Protojournalist: Experimental storytelling for the LURVers – Listeners, Users, Readers, Viewers – of NPR. @NPRtpj