Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed February 27, 2013
Guy Raz to Host New Season of TED Radio Hour from NPR
SUNDAYS AT 4:00 PM on VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO
The TED Radio Hour returns to FM89 this March with a new season of programs, and it will knock your socks off! The program also has a new host, NPR's Guy Raz, who many listeners will know from his time as host of Weekends on All Things Considered. The program airs Sundays at 4:00 p.m. on Valley Public Radio.
The first episode of the new season, The Unquiet Mind, explores that line between madness and sanity. Noted neurologist and bestselling author Oliver Sacks explains a peculiar condition that causes people of sound mind to experience lucid hallucinations. Guy also speaks with law professor Elyn Saks, who shares her incredible story of not just surviving schizophrenia, but having an immensely full and successful life.
We'll take a look at our place in the universe and what lies beyond our skies in the second episode of this season. We'll ask Phil Plait to break down how we can defend Earth from asteroids. And astronomer Jill Tarter explains why it's crucial for humans to continue searching for intelligent life in the cosmos.