Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Kettleman City Resident Uneasy With Landfill's Connection To Clean Water Plan
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Porterville Developmental Center Beating Highlights Accountability Failures
Valley Public Radio Staff
Government & Politics
Tue April 23, 2013
Governor's Brown's Sacramento Loft Broken Into
California Governor Jerry Brown says he had an unwelcome visitor at his Sacramento loft a couple of days ago when he and his wife weren’t home:
“A guy jumped – got in, got up to the roof, jumped down on the balcony and was trying to break in. and one of my neighbors called the police. And he was arrested and I think he’s out on his own recognizance,” says Brown.
And Brown says it’s not the first time he’s had this problem as governor. He told a crime victims rally Tuesday outside the Capitol that three men broke into his Oakland home about a year ago – when his wife was there alone.
Brown’s home is in the Oakland hills. His Sacramento loft is in the city’s burgeoning “Midtown” neighborhood, a few blocks from the State Capitol.
The Sacramento Police Department is identifying the prowler at Brown’s loft Sunday night as 26-year-old Jamal Johnson.