Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Taps Run Dry in Fairmead, “Watch, I Get Nothing”
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Arts & Culture
Wed September 26, 2012
"A Good Ending to a Story" and "Bertha in Stillwell" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, we hear the works of two local authors. The first story, Joe Hemphill's "A Good Ending to a Story", describes a man with cerebral palsy who refuses to resume his physical therapy. And in the second story, Bill McDougle's "Bertha in Stillwell", the life of a woman named Bertha is chronicled as she grows up in Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl era.