Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Drought: Tulare County Is “Blazing The Trail For The Rest Of California”
- Despite Smart & Final Setback, Swearengin Says Blackstone Vision Remains Sound
- An Average Of 15,000 Fresno Homes Breaking Lawn Water Rules
- Fresno's Anti-Blight Ordinance Passes First Test
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Mon March 26, 2012
Commentary: Talking To Kids About Abuse Is Essential
Parents and educators across California are on edge, as recent cases of sexual abuse in the state’s schools have dominated the headlines. In today’s edition of the commentary series The Moral Is, Fresno State professor Jacques Benninga says the key to preventing these crimes in the future lies with parents talking to their kids, even when the subject is something unpleasant.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.