Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Mon March 26, 2012
Commentary: Talking To Kids About Abuse Is Essential
Parents and educators across California are on edge, as recent cases of sexual abuse in the state’s schools have dominated the headlines. In today’s edition of the commentary series The Moral Is, Fresno State professor Jacques Benninga says the key to preventing these crimes in the future lies with parents talking to their kids, even when the subject is something unpleasant.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.