Most Active Stories
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- Report: Groundwater Management Plans Need Significant Improvement
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
- Valley fever treatments can do harm as they heal
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Wed October 31, 2012
Commentary: Reliance On Pharmaceutical Industry Should Be Questioned
Last year, America’s pharmaceutical companies invested nearly $50 billion in research for new drugs, to treat diseases from hepatitis to depression. On this edition of The Moral Is, commentator Kaye Bonner Cummings says that despite those massive investments, new research is calling into question our reliance, or perhaps our over reliance, on prescription medication.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.