Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed August 8, 2012
Cameron Athletes Disappear From Olympic Village
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 8:52 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Cameroon's Olympic team was a hit in the opening ceremonies, walking around the track in colorful national costumes. Now several of its athletes appear to have taken a walk, and not the kind that's an Olympic sport. The head of team Cameroon has confirmed that a swimmer, a soccer player and five boxers have disappeared from the Olympic Village. Cameroon is a poor country, so some speculate the athletes are on a quest for a better life instead of Olympic gold. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.