Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri May 9, 2014
Apple Expected To Buy Beats Electronics
Originally published on Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with iPhones and headphones.
Apple is set to buy Beats Electronics for more than $3 billion. That's according to a report in the Financial Times. Beats is a headphone maker founded by hip-hop star Dr. Dre and the producer Jimmy Iovine.
Ironically, Iovine has said the inspiration to found Beats six years ago was the poor quality headphones that Apple put in with its products. He offered a better alternative, and Apple hobbled the old adage - if you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.