Most Active Stories
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- In California, Researchers Uncertain If Drought Will Increase Valley Fever Risk
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon February 25, 2013
Originally published on Mon February 25, 2013 6:11 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a new economic forecast.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: The latest survey of economic forecasters by the National Association of Business Economics predicts 2 percent growth this year. That is down from last year's 2.2 percent. The current budget battle in Congress is partly blamed for slowing the economy now.
The survey goes on to say that next year could be better if budget issues are resolved by then. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.