Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon December 9, 2013
Broncos' Prater Kicks Record 64-Yard Field Goal
Originally published on Mon December 9, 2013 5:18 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Anybody who grew up watching football has seen video of Tom Dempsey's historic field goal. In 1970, the New Orleans Saint kicked a field goal from a record 63 yards to win a game. He did it though he was born with no toes on his right foot. The record stood for decades, sometimes equaled never exceeded, until Sunday. Denver's Matt Prater kicked one from 64 yards, though it was not decisive since his team won by 23 points.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.