Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed March 13, 2013
Bonnie Hearn Hill's "Part Light, Part Memory" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, we hear a story from local author Bonnie Hearn Hill. In her story "Part Light, Part Memory", we learn about some former slave holders in Texas at the end of the Civil War who still consider it a crime for a white person to teach black people how to read and write.