Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed March 13, 2013
Bonnie Hearn Hill's "Part Light, Part Memory" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, we hear a story from local author Bonnie Hearn Hill. In her story "Part Light, Part Memory", we learn about some former slave holders in Texas at the end of the Civil War who still consider it a crime for a white person to teach black people how to read and write.