Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Thu November 8, 2012
App Lets You Write Poetry Like William Shatner
Originally published on Thu November 8, 2012 7:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fans of William Shatner out there with a yen to write poetry, there's an app for you. The Shatoetry app allows users to compose poems from 400 words recorded by the former Star Trek captain in his signature staccato voice, like this example on YouTube.
WILLIAM SHATNER: She who lives with caffeine joyously fears not the dark.
MONTAGNE: Shatoetry on MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.