Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
- Cold Snap Could Be A One-Two Punch To Valley Citrus Industry
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Thu November 8, 2012
App Lets You Write Poetry Like William Shatner
Originally published on Thu November 8, 2012 7:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fans of William Shatner out there with a yen to write poetry, there's an app for you. The Shatoetry app allows users to compose poems from 400 words recorded by the former Star Trek captain in his signature staccato voice, like this example on YouTube.
WILLIAM SHATNER: She who lives with caffeine joyously fears not the dark.
MONTAGNE: Shatoetry on MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.