Most Active Stories
- Wildlife Agencies See Near Collapse Of 2014 Salmon Species
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Valley Public Radio Staff
Rebecca Plevin was a reporter for Valley Public Radio from 2013-2014. Before joining the station, she was the community health reporter for Vida en el Valle, the McClatchy Company's bilingual newspaper in California's San Joaquin Valley. She earned the George F. Gruner Award for Meritorious Public Service in Journalism and the McClatchy President's Award for her work at Vida, as well as honors from the National Association of Hispanic Publications and the California Newspaper Publishers Association. Plevin grew up in the Washington, D.C. area and is a graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She is also a fluent Spanish speaker, a certified yoga teacher, and an avid rock-climber.