Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- Failed Downtown Fresno Housing Project Leaves City Holding The Bag
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Valley Public Radio Staff
Alex Blumberg is a contributing editor for NPR's Planet Money. He is also a producer for the public radio program This American Life, and an adjunct professor of journalism at Columbia University. He has done radio documentaries on the U.S. Navy, people who do impersonations of their mothers and teenage Steve Forbes supporters. He won first place at the 2002 Third Coast International Audio Festival for his story "Yes, There is a Baby." His story on clinical medical ethicists won the 1999 Public Radio News Directors Incorporated (PRNDI) award for best radio documentary.
In 2008, Blumberg collaborated with NPR economics correspondent Adam Davidson on a special This American Life episode about the housing crisis. Called "the greatest explainer ever heard" by noted journalism professor Jay Rosen, the Giant Pool of Money became the inspiration for NPR's Planet Money.
Blumberg has a B.A. from Oberlin College.