Most Active Stories
- New Analysis Of Pollution Burdens Ranks Fresno, Valley Counties Worst In State
- Farmer Suicides Cast Shadow Over U.S. Agriculture
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- Valley Political Races Heat Up Ahead Of June Primary
- Kern County Officials Hope To Lure Embattled Sriracha Factory
Valley Public Radio Staff
David Gilkey is a staff photographer and video editor for NPR, covering both national and international news. He has produced award-winning photo essays, videos and multimedia presentations for NPR.org, as well as radio reports for NPR.
As one of the first unilateral journalists to move into Afghanistan and the first to cross the border into Iraq while embedded with the U.S. Army, Gilkey has covered the war on terrorism since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. In that time, he has made numerous trips back to both countries most recently covering U.S. operations in southern Afghanistan.