Most Active Stories
- New Analysis Of Pollution Burdens Ranks Fresno, Valley Counties Worst In State
- Farmer Suicides Cast Shadow Over U.S. Agriculture
- Kern County Officials Hope To Lure Embattled Sriracha Factory
- Valley Political Races Heat Up Ahead Of June Primary
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
Valley Public Radio Staff
In 1988, a determined Bob Boilen started showing up on NPR's doorstep every day, looking for a way to contribute his skills in music and broadcasting to the network. His persistence paid off, and within a few weeks he was hired, on a temporary basis, to work for All Things Considered. Less than a year later, Boilen was directing the show and continued to do so for the next 18 years.