Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Kettleman City Resident Uneasy With Landfill's Connection To Clean Water Plan
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Porterville Developmental Center Beating Highlights Accountability Failures
Valley Public Radio Staff
Current Job Openings:
Corporate Marketing Representative
Valley Public Radio seeks a Corporate Marketing Representative to build financial support for the station. This position will secure underwriting through client relationships with individuals and businesses. Send resume to Joe Garcia, Development Director at email@example.com
Supervisor: Development Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
1. Identify, research and solicit clients for financial support. Cultivate immediate and long-term prospects. Generate and track client prospects including interests, budgeting cycle, marketing objectives, historical associations with FM89, philanthropic activities and corporate financial performance. Secure immediate funding commitments and long term client relationships. Identify opportunities for enhanced corporate funding from current clients.
2. Diligently pursue assigned Marketing & Event Objectives.
3. Develop proposals using qualitative and quantitative audience research. Make presentations, meet with clients, write contracts and on-air copy in compliance with FM89 and FCC policies and regulations.
4. Consistently meet quarterly and annual revenue goals as assigned.
5. Participate in Valley Public Radio development efforts. Represent Valley Public Radio to community at large including community events, trade organizations, service clubs, etc.
6. Organize and maintain client records utilizing contact management software.
7. Report weekly on contacts in progress to Development Director and at station Staff Meetings.
8. Support Development Director, General Manager and Membership Services staff as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires an individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. Other skills required are proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Must have a College degree or commensurate experience as well as valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Criteria for Evaluation:
1. Honesty & Integrity
2. Dependability and Productivity: Ability to meet required revenue objectives in an organized and efficient manner
3. Cooperation: Ability to work with Staff, volunteers, and members
4. Ability to analyze, interpret and develop presentations.
5. Initiative: Ability to act when directed or needed
6. Communication: Timely and shared information with Supervisor and Development Staff
7. Discretion regarding confidential information.
8. Proficiency: Proficient in use of Word, Excel, Act and Outlook