Most Active Stories
Valley Public Radio Staff
Current Job Openings:
JOB TITLE: Reporter
Summary: Valley Public Radio is seeking a reporter to cover one of California’s most diverse and dynamic regions, the San Joaquin Valley. The ideal candidate is a gifted journalist who seeks out stories that would otherwise go untold and possesses innate curiosity and determination in reporting a story. The candidate will be eager to work in a small but ambitious newsroom, and will be well versed in sharing stories on multiple platforms, including audio, the web and social media.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce daily and feature-length news content that is compelling, thoroughly reported and vividly presented both in audio reports and digital formats.
- Participate in station programs/events to discuss and share your reporting
- Compliance with all Valley Public Radio/White Ash Broadcasting policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Audio recording and editing, basic photojournalism
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, online content management systems, and social media
- Must have ability to meet deadlines, take direction and work as part of a team
- Must have the ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Must be able to write, edit and produce content consistent with the NPR style
- Understanding of public radio’s core values
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years of professional journalism experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications or a related field
- Proven track record of producing work at the highest level
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Experience in reporting on health or health care issues preferred
- Must have a valid California drivers license and reliable transportation
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Content
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, exempt
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Valley Public Radio, 3437 W. Shaw #101 Fresno, CA 93711 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
DATE POSTED: FEBRUARY 28, 2014 -- POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Valley Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.