Current Job Openings:
JOB TITLE: Reporter
Valley Public Radio is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a general assignment reporter in California’s San Joaquin Valley. The position involves reporting, writing and assembling daily and feature-length news content for broadcast on the station and for digital platforms. The ideal candidate is a gifted journalist who is eager to work in a small but ambitious newsroom, and can excel in a variety of settings. Excellent writing skills, news judgment and personal communication skills are essential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Report, write, edit and assemble original content for the station’s broadcast and digital platforms, including both daily and feature-length coverage
· Share station journalism on a variety of platforms and settings including the web, social media, and at station events
· Compliance with all Valley Public Radio/White Ash Broadcasting policies
· Other duties as assigned
· Superior writing and communication skills
· Proven research and analytical skills
· Digital audio recording and editing skills
· Must be consistently well informed about a variety of local and national issues
· Proficiency with Word, Excel, online content management systems, social media platforms
· Must have ability to meet deadlines, take direction and work as part of a team
· Must have the ability to multitask and work well under pressure
· Must be able to write, edit and produce content consistent with the NPR style
· Understanding of public radio’s core values and editorial standards
· At least one year of journalism / broadcast production experience
· A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications or a related field
· Must have a valid California drivers license and reliable transportation
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Content
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, exempt
LOCATION: This position is based at our broadcast center in Clovis, CA.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Valley Public Radio, 2589 Alluvial Ave, Clovis, CA 93611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
DATE POSTED: DECEMBER 21, 2017 -- POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Valley Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.