Valley Public Radio is reaching out to the art community, seeking donated two-dimensional paintings from artists living and working in the Central Valley. The subject matter for the artwork must be representative of the Central Valley – the people, places, and things that make our Valley unique. Chosen art will adorn the walls of the Educational Conference Suite in the new station facility. A panel of judges will determine the winning artwork.
To participate, the artist must live within the broadcast service area for VPR. The artist retains all rights under the copyright act of 1976. The title to the artwork passes to VPR who will own the work but not the copyright.
The work that is selected for display will be featured in Valley Public Radio’s Membership Magazine, “Audiophile,” and an article will feature information about each artist and their work.
· Artists may submit 2 paintings to be included in the selection for the community art, but only one (1) painting from an artist would be included in the final selection.
· The work must be appropriately framed. If glass is required to protect the artwork it must be Museum glass. The largest pieces that would be accepted are 42 inches tall and/or 42 inches wide. All other sizes smaller than this would be acceptable. The frame and mat if used must be clean and in new condition and ready to hang.
· All artwork submitted must be accompanied by a title and description of what is represented and specifically the artist’s idea and intention.
· The artwork donated must be original and the donation from the artist that created the work.
· All paintings entered must be delivered with an accompanying entry form during office hours to the Valley Public Radio Media Facility, 2589 Alluvial, Clovis California 93611, between May 15th and June 30th. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm, excluding holidays.
· All winning artwork will be chosen by July 16th and all participating artists will be notified of the station’s decision by July 30th. All artwork not chosen must be picked up by August 31st, 2017 or it becomes the property of Valley Public Radio.
· Any questions concerning this Artwork Project can be directed to Valley Public Radio’s Development Director, Joe Garcia, at 559-862-2472 or firstname.lastname@example.org