Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
Valley Public Radio Staff
Special Projects List
Special projects include equipment & software purchases that the station would like to acquire this year, and have not been included in the operating budget. The operating budget for equipment is minimal and usually is saved for smaller expenses and emergencies. Special projects are funded by members, foundations, and on occasion, community partners. If you are interested in helping support the following purchases, please contact Joe Garcia at 559-275-0764 x 15 or via email at email@example.com.
- Music Library Computer: $3,500
This computer will store our classical music library.
- Promotional Materials: $1,000
2) 36”W x 92”H retractable banners with heavy duty stands for quality, attractive promotion at station events, trade shows, co-sponsorship events, etc.
- Bakersfield Transmitter Backup Generator: $50,000
Partial completion. Project is underway with $44,824 raised to date.
Studio & Audio Equipment
- CD Players (2): $1,500
Broadcast quality CD players for on-air use in Master Control room.
- Acoustic Panels (96 panels): $2,000 Replacement soundproofing for studios.
- Field Recorders + Microphones (2): $2,000 For recording audio in the field.
Audio Editing Software: $1,000
Audio editing software for reporters.