Most Active Stories
- Wildlife Agencies See Near Collapse Of 2014 Salmon Species
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Central Valley gets hot, really hot. And everyone likes to cool down with a frozen treat. We all have fond memories of ice cream, whether it’s a hand-dipped cone from California-favorite Fosters Freeze, a tropical-tasting paleta, or a couple scoops from your local ice cream parlor. Summer Scoop digs into the Valley’s ice cream history, its role as a major ice cream producing region, and what ice cream means in rural communities today.
Listen for our "Summer Scoop" reports on Valley Edition, tweet us your favorite ice cream memories @kvpr, and share your ice cream related photos by using the hastag #scoop89