Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Central Valley gets hot, really hot. And everyone likes to cool down with a frozen treat. We all have fond memories of ice cream, whether it’s a hand-dipped cone from California-favorite Fosters Freeze, a tropical-tasting paleta, or a couple scoops from your local ice cream parlor. Summer Scoop digs into the Valley’s ice cream history, its role as a major ice cream producing region, and what ice cream means in rural communities today.
Listen for our "Summer Scoop" reports on Valley Edition, tweet us your favorite ice cream memories @kvpr, and share your ice cream related photos by using the hastag #scoop89