Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical is a weekly radio program showcasing the best of Broadway and Hollywood – songs from the turn of the 20th century to today. Footlight Parade is produced by The Musical Theater Project, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a deeper understanding and appreciation of the uniquely American art form known as the American musical.
About the host:
Bill Rudman, 53, is an award-winning broadcaster, the co-founder of Harbinger Records, and the executive director of The Musical Theater Project.
For 23 years he has produced, written and hosted the weekly radio series, Footlight Parade. Since 1983 he has also produced recordings devoted to the songwriting masters of theater and film – albums featuring such artists as Peggy Lee and Maxine Sullivan – distributed by Angel/EMI, Atlantic Jazz, Stash and Painted Smiles, among other labels.
Bill has created many musical-theater revues and concerts celebrating the song legacy of Broadway and Hollywood. He lives and works in Cleveland, Ohio.
July 14, 2012