Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Sat November 16, 2013
Writers Especially Concerned About NSA Actions
While polls show many Americans are uneasy with government actions revealed by NSA leaker Edward Snowden, one profession in particular seems to be alarmed. A new survey of professional writers finds them much more concerned than the general public. An organization of writers says that a large majority of its members have "never been as worried about privacy rights and freedom of the press as they are today."